Demo Magazine Download: Issue Number 14
The 2018 issue of Demo is finally here! You can download a PDF version below and thank you to our countless writers, photographers, designers, contributors, and supporters that made this magazine possible!
DOWNLOAD HERE -> DEMO 14 (2018)
- What Are You Listening To?—by Catherine Kawpeng and Noor Hasan
Demo checks in with UofT students to see what music has been on their radar.
- Hart House Music: Noting the Landscape—by Vivian Li
A celebration of Hart House’s 100 years of musical glory.
- An Interview with Mocky—by Isaac Fox
A look at life after UofT.
- Music on Screen—by Alisha Farrow
How soundtracks make or break a film.
- Too Good to be True: Scamming Indie Artists—by Daniel Lewycky
Exploring the scams in the music industry targeting small-scale musicians.
- The Good, the Rad, and the Ugly of Toronto’s Live Musc Scene—by Felipe Vellejo
An inside look into Toronto’s live music culture.
- At the Roots of Weaves—by Dora Boras and Andrea Macanovic
An interview with the Polaris Music Prize nominees.
- Toronto Deserves a Better Music Scene—by Daven Boparai
Toronto’s outdoor music festival scene is disappearing because of low attendance and lack of proper green space in the city’s downtown core.
- Sunday Morning, Praise is Falling—by Rachel Evangeline Chiong
An insider’s commentary on the unexplored world of your local church band.
- Student Profile: IsKwé—by Randa Omar
A discussion with up and coming alt-R&B/triphop artist IsKwé.
- Hip-Hop and Homosexuality—by Jeffrey Leung
How attitudes towards non-heterosexuality have changed in hip-hop.
- Ontario is For Screamo—by Grace Guimond
A guide to scramz in the GTA.
- Image vs. Content—by Emma Wittmann
The listeners’ developing role in successful music.